If we ever needed evidence that a business community can achieve great things by working together, the Team London Bridge subsidised waste recycling scheme is it. One year into the programme and it continues to grow in terms of businesses signing up and the volume of waste being recycled rather than heading to landfill.
Since launching in September 2009 the scheme has:
- Attracted over 50 businesses to sign up
- Saved 81.18 tonnes of CO2
- Saved over 405 trees (we would need to plant this many trees to save the same amount of CO2 saved)
- Allowed 62% of waste collections to be made on same day (reducing vehicle movements)
- Saved up to 75% of waste removal costs for some businesses